A pharmaceutical company is in need of a head of operations to manage the short-term and medium-term operational aspects of the entire business operations, ensuring maximum profitability and optimal quality, in a legal and safe working environment, also to take overall responsibility for the day to day pharmacy operations, Operate within the financial constraints of the budget assigned to each operational function and To promote a lean culture and process throughout the Operation; demonstrating continuous improvement of Quality safety and cost against a balanced set of metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in health, business or general management
- Minimum of 5yrs work experience in retail pharmacy operations/business operations/business management roles.
- Demonstrate experience in operational roles and give evidence of personal contributions towards operational efficiencies
- Excellent customer attraction, service and retention skills
- Excellent management experience/skills
- Ability to work with HR to maintain, develop and enhance staff skills
- Be able to demonstrate a proactive and flexible “can-do approach” to work
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Have experience of working to and reviewing own department budgets
- Have a good level of analytical, presentation and PC skills, i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook. Skilful use of Excel is a must
- Have a good understanding of Health & Safety and ability to manage Health & Safety within the Company
- Work with the CEO to develop the standard of operations, a key responsibility of all employees/staff, and develop the workflow within the business.
- Ensure operational staff are employed in a timely manner with appropriate skills to enable you to successfully undertake your responsibilities.
- Staff must be aware of their roles and responsibilities they hold within the company and understand their contribution to the company objectives.
- Manage staff in accordance with company policy. Costs
- The Head of operations is responsible for the financial performance of their departments.
- All capital expenditure purchases, as well as maintenance purchases, must be authorized by the Head of Operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all medicines and pharmacy services are offered and sold in accordance with the requirements of our customers, our company policies and any current legislation. Customer request must fulfil in a timely manner and delivered promptly
- Head of operations is responsible for ensuring that the Pharmacy team follows the standard operations and quality specifications laid down by each customer and work with the Head of Pharmacy, and Pharmacy team to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that all paperwork, record keeping, purchase order and goods received information, and any other information that relates to pharmacy operation is produced accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Reporting Will work with the Head of Pharmacy, and will play an active role in implementing/maintaining KPI’s across each of the pharmacy departments to help optimize efficiencies within each area.
- Implement the Company Health & Safety Policy within relevant areas. They should be aware of your own responsibilities for health and safety and that of your subordinates.
- Hygiene Ensure that all activities and areas for which you are responsible comply with the Company Hygiene Policy.
|Job Category||Head Of Operations|
|Experience Level||5-10 Years|