An IT organization is in need of a Head, Technical Services to design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain that technical capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Designing and implementation short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain that technical capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Managing all technology functions/infrastructure for the association; networks and networking equipment, business applications and ancillary software, hardware, databases, web services and other ICT systems in line with the organization’s commitment to Registrars, Registrants, Members and Technical Partners
- Developing policies, procedures and associated training plans for the Technical team.
- Establishing service level agreements with end-users.
- Overseeing the administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Managing operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Managing and ensure the effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems in line with approved policies.
- Planning and coordinating the acquisition of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
- Designing and Coordinating network design, installation, configuration and maintenance
- Leading and coordinating activities of the Technical Services Department
- Drafting and implementing technical services policies and procedures
- Providing expertise and support to the organization as regards technology infrastructure, technology repairs and technical support
- Creating and executing procedures that will result in the continual improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of Technical Services operations
- Training and Mentoring the Technical team
- Directing, evaluating and overseeing the Technical team in terms of performance and responsibilities in achieving results as it relates to technical services
- Ensuring the Association is aligned to global technology standards, particularly ICANN policies and controls
- Planning and coordinating scheduled maintenance of technical and power equipment
- Conducting regular reviews of infrastructure and software
- Design the organization’s IT security infrastructure
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies
- Seek appropriate guidance for current global trends for the improvement of the organization’s technical services.
- Approve network design and segmentation
- Produce regular reports regarding all aspects of the technical services to the COO.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, the scope of work reports and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
- At least 10 years’ work experience within the ICT environment in a similar establishment
- A Master’s degree in a related field will be desirable (or MBA with Computer/Technology Focus)
- Experience with Unix Operating system is compulsory.
- Experience with Linux is an added advantage
- Must have at least 5 years of work experience as a Database Administrator and/or A System Administrator
- Experience with PostgreSQL is an added advantage
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations (including data privacy practices and laws) to company operations.
- Advanced systems, network, and computer hardware and software knowledge
- Advanced Application Development skills
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator certification or member of any other relevant ICT professional bodies is an advantage
- ITIL certification is essential
- Must understand the DNS and its operations
- Good communication, project management and negotiation skills
- Able to work effectively within a team
|Job Category||Technical Services|
|Experience Level||5-10 Years|