The Senior Developer/Payment Specialist will be responsible for using advanced programming skills to develop software and assist with the payment processing procedure.
- Analyze the business needs and requirement then design, test, and develop software to meet those needs
- Write and maintain technical documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Translate application storyboards and build cases into functional applications
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Design and update software database. This includes, but is not limited to: Software Applications, Web Sites, Data Communication Processes and User Interfaces
- Integrate end-to-end paradigm/approach for external payment vendors, banks, and acquirers.
- Handle payment processing including, but not limited to, credit/debit cards, nibbs etc.
- Troubleshoot transaction issues and solve merchant inquires in a timely fashion.
- Provide solution implementation including systems set-ups developments and integration testing and user training
- Troubleshoot application issues and coordinate solutions with operations, functional, and technical teams.
- Communicate directly with business partners to understand their needs and lead them to solutions.
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Make good technical recommendations and decisions that provide solutions to business challenges
- Perform routine upgrades and maintenance as required
- Provide support to internal and external users on technical issues
- Provide training to operational team and other department as required
- Provide regular reports on status of assigned tasks.
- Engaging internal stakeholders on testing of solutions and gathering feedback
- Work with the QA team to ensure proper product testing is done
Required Experience/Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, computer engineering, or any other related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of relevant experience in global financial transactions as well as customer service on a global scale and payment gateways, acquirers, processors, and associations
- Understanding of Payments Processing Industry
- Experience working with business/technology stakeholders and corporate strategy team.
- NIBSS (Electronic Funds Transfer) and Credit Card Payment Processing
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) Requirements and Certification process
- Hands-on coding experience with Python, C#.NET, and modern distributed system architecture such as Microservices and AWS.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum; Kanban)
- Experience with messaging productions, messaging products, designing and building environments, configuration management tools or job automation tool
- Project management skills is essential
- Ability to manage teams and boost productivity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills
- Self-motivation, determination, confidence and result oriented
- Eye for detail and identifying problem
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team and manage business Stakeholders
- Ability to work with strict deadlines
|Job Category||Payments Specialist|
|Experience Level||5 - 7 years|