A Financial Institution requires a software developer with hands-on experience in planning, developing and management of applications.
The developer will also be responsible for supporting through administration and patch development (where necessary) of some existing in-house developed applications.
Ensuring delivery of projects according to agreed timelines, excellent user experience and 99% application/service availability are some of the critical requirements of this role. Specifically, the developer role will include;
- Gathering and developing user specifications requirement documents for every project initiative.
- Developing project implementation plans for each initiative.
- Application development, deployment and support.
- Admin and user guides/manual development.
- User training and solution handover
Keys Skills & Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or any other technology disciplines (e.g. Engineering, Physics)
- 3-4 years of practical experience in software application development.
- Expertise and hands-on experience with programming languages/technologies such as Python, Oracle PL/SQL and generally working with data on different relational and non- relational Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) as it applies to Python.
- Good data analytics and presentation skills with software like Crystal Reports and Tableau.
- Strong knowledge of Django and any workflow Python framework.
- Knowledge of relational database (Oracle & MySQL).
- Knowledge in other database systems (e.g. MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST and SOAP).
- Must be knowledgeable in frontend development (UI & UX), cross-browser compatibility and general web functions and standards.
- Knowledge of basic operations of Linux server.
- Experience in GIT is an added advantage.
- Must know how to use an FTP client such as FileZilla, coreftp etc.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to software and the web in general.
- Good problem solving and logical thinking skills (ability to transform business requirements into programmable solutions).
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple organizational units (multitenancy).
|Job Category||Backend Development, Python Developer|
|Experience Level||3 - 5 years|