A Financial Institution requires team lead with hands-on experience in planning, software development and project/functional team management.
Ensuring delivery of projects according to agreed timelines, excellent user experience and 99% application/service availability are some of the critical requirements of this role.
In addition, the team lead technical role will include;
- Gathering and developing user specifications requirement documents for every project initiative.
- Developing project implementation plans for each initiative.
- Application development, deployment and support.
- Database programming/Script development, deployment and support.
- Data Analytics and product development.
- Data reporting and visualization.
- Admin and user guides/manual development.
- User training and solution handover
The team lead non-technical role will include;
- Managing the business intelligence and analytics team, and their deliverables.
- Managing the application development team, and their deliverables.
- Managing all projects assigned to the team and ensuring prompt delivery.
- Translating new initiatives to projects and ensuring prompt delivery.
Keys Skills & Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or any other technology disciplines (e.g. Engineering, Physics)
- 6-8 years of practical experience in software application development, management information system reporting, business intelligence BI and/or data science.
- Expertise and hands-on experience with programming languages/technologies such as PHP, Python, Oracle PL/SQL and generally working with data on different relational and non-relational Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) as it applies to Python and PHP.
- Good data analytics and presentation skills with software like Crystal Reports and Tableau.
- Strong knowledge of Laravel, Flask, Django and any workflow PHP and Python framework.
- Knowledge of relational database (Oracle & MySQL).
- Knowledge in other database systems (e.g. MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST and SOAP).
- Must be knowledgeable in frontend development (UI & UX), cross-browser compatibility and general web functions and standards.
- Knowledge of basic operations of Linux server.
- Experience in GIT is an added advantage.
- Must know how to use an FTP client such as FileZilla, coreftp etc.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to software and the web in general.
- Good problem solving and logical thinking skills (ability to transform business requirements into programmable solutions).
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple organizational units (multitenancy).
|Job Category||Software Developer|
|Experience Level||6 - 8 years|