A top Engineering firm is looking to hire a VP Engineering. The VP, Engineering be responsible for product development within the Engineering team. He will be helping develop engineering leaders, solve problems, create efficient processes and quality standards as well as keep the team productive and happy. You will also be working closely with the Product team to ensure the product roadmap is achievable and is being delivered on time and with high quality. The role also oversees the function of the software engineers and the IT infrastructure of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure the technology strategy serves the corporate strategy.
2. Responsible for Product development and engineering; lead development of products for technology area including battery modules, battery cells, power electronics, PCS, multi-cluster LV and HV energy storage systems.
3. Technology Roadmap, Design and Test Automation, System Architecture, Communication Protocols, Manage Firmware and Hardware teams, Firmware & Hardware design, PCB/PCBA design, energy storage & system-wide and reliability test frameworks.
4. Manage contract manufacturers for proprietary System on Chip (SoC) Power Conversion Systems, Communication module.
5. Architect, design and build scalable IoT cloud platform and client, back-end software that allows millions of smart devices to connect globally.
6. Research and design reliable BMS for current & next-generation storage solutions.
7. Responsible for software DevOps, OS, MEAN stack, metering & development of user-centric mobile applications for real-time monitoring and control of energy devices.
8. Oversee the strategic use of enterprise data across the organization delivering insights to improve reliability, productivity, reduce cost, improve revenue and margins.
9. Manage and develop Business data analytics personnel on a dotted line basis
10. Champion the use of data as a strategic business asset.
11. Stays abreast of cutting-edge research and development.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
● 10+ years Multinational OEM, R&D experience on a global scale.
● Understanding and experience of China contract manufacturing environment.
● Embedded Systems, System on Chip (SoC), Control Systems, IoT, Power systems.
● Enjoy working and having fun with some of the smartest software and hardware
engineers building complex systems.
● Microcontroller, Microprocessor, IoT Protocols- MQTT, COAP, AWS IoT
● Integration and production experience.
● Master Degree & International work/ study experience is a plus.
● A person with proven integrity – honest and truthful
● A person of passion and heart for social development work
● A visionary
● Emotionally mature
● Has a positive outlook of life
● Proactive and open-minded
● Enthusiastic and a person of high energy and drive
● A person of good judgment, tact and diplomacy
● A person of influence – can convey and concretize thoughts, ideas and
opinions aligned to the philosophy and brand of the Foundation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education: BSc in any related field and a Master’s degree or MBA is required
|Job Category||VP Engineering|
|Experience Level||12 years|